Saturday 8 December 2007

Water water, nowhere.

It would be great for one week to go past without having to fix something.

Yesterday the water pressure was a bit low in the morning, and as I wandered to the toilet I heard the sound of a babbling brook. Wait, that's not a brook, it's flowing from the stinking water hose!!

Seems like when I drilled out the ice the other day I nicked the inside of the hose, and under the pressure it had ruptured. Great.

So we got a new hose, pulled all the insulation off the old hose, and re-wrapped the heat tape on the new one.

All good.... or so I thought.

It seems however that I neglected to put the thermostat for the heat tape outside of the little sheltered box where the tap is. So this morning, frozen water again.

Nothing too dramatic, it seems that the metal joins freeze first (I guess metal is a good conductor of heat) but this time the filter has also frozen a bit - it's sitting in the sun at the moment.

Thankfully I've restored water, boy I love cold, numb hands in the morning.

Don't think we're going up the mountain today - it was so icy yesterday, and there's not been any new snow.

I'm pretty excited actually - I've heard of a new project that rogue and cannibal will be doing in the new year.... stay tuned.

No comments: