Sunday 2 December 2007

Transfer Case

Well I thought I was going to go back to bed this morning, but despite being a bum it seemed to be a waste of the day.

So a few coffees and a bit of procrastination later, I decided to change the fluid in the transfer case of the Jeep - I've noticed some fluid leaking from it recently and wanted to fill it - I'll check it again in a month or so and see exactly how bad it is.

It's so cold that my giant socket set (and the spare wheel) had frozen solid to the carpet in the Jeep. It's kind of crazy.

I still have to drop the front drive shaft off to see whether that cures the sqeaking, and I still have to tackle the poo valve. I figure since today it never got above -10C I have an excuse. Allegedly it's going to snow tonight and all of tomorrow but somehow get to +8C on Monday and +7C on Tuesday - I figure anything above freezing is a good day for poo valves.

Been feeling really tired and kind of ill today. Dunno what that's all about.

Until tomorrow's scintillating update!

No comments: