Thursday 6 December 2007

Irritable Poo Syndrome

Last night I had really strange dreams.

I was here, in the Marketplace car park, trying to start the Evo so I could sell it to an old friend.
It wouldn't start of course.

I also (for some reason) required a contact lens for my left eye.

I don't know what it all means, but sometimes my subconscious needs to just go and get sorted out.

Poo Valve Update
I figured that today since it was above freezing, and not raining, would be a good day for messing around with poo. First I cleared a small work area in the snow, and then drilled three holes into the exposed plate. A few test yanks implied that the valve was still frozen shut.

Out comes the trusty ceramic heater (I'm pretty sure though that using household appliances outdoors in the snow isn't recommended, so don't try this at home kids) and I apply 5 minutes of heat to the valve.

I clamp on the vice grip, give it a tug, and whoosh, the valve opens, and a delightful spray of urine and faeces flow both down the pipe, and out of the valve. Yum, poo flavoured snow!! I quickly move the tarpaulin out of the way (it's got poo water on it though) and do a little poo avoiding dance.

It's a good thing I have a clear elbow so I can see the poo flowing. If you've never done so, I recommend you don't bother - although there IS something surreal about seeing semi-dissolved toilet paper and brown water flowing through the pipe.

So now all I need is some replacement valves, and we're opoorational!

Snow Update
Visibility on the mountain today was like 5-10m. Wasn't feeling confident to fly down the hill while unable to see any of the features of the landscape, so... hopefully tomorrow will be better!

TV Update
Some shows to keep an eye out for if you haven't already - ReGenesis and Life. Life just finished its season here in Canadia - ReGenesis is a few years old I think, but not too bad.

G'night!

No comments: