Thursday 20 December 2007

Drinking and Snowboarding Don't Mix (or an Ode to Old Age)

So as I said, we've met out new neighbours - they're very nice, and are on a similar world tour as ours - although with a much bigger budget!

Seems like they've had an interesting life and an interesting trip - they sailed from Europe on their yacht and are planning on sailing to NZ next year. Imagine how cool that would be.

Anyway.

We had a few drinks (well a lot of drinks), some dinner and played a bit of poker with them last night. I suck at poker by the way.

This morning poor Kat had to get up at 05:30 again to go to work. I dragged myself out of bed at 07:30 to hit the slopes. Possibly a bad idea, as the visibility was terrible, and so were my skills. I'm sure that there's an inverse ratio between amount of beer consumed, and skills the next day.

I've managed to hurt my left shoulder during a nasty fall in zero visibility - and it went steadily downhill from that point. I've retired at lunchtime - in this case, discretion appears to be the better part of valour.

Really feeling under the weather today - going to hang around the RV this afternoon and do some housework....

Today is my mum's birthday - must be good to be 21 again. Happy Birthday!!

Time for a shower. Please enjoy, I will be!

No comments: