Friday 14 December 2007

Shafting, Snow, Boots, Work

Hah don't get excited, it's not me working - Kat has been putting in the mid-week hours this week, and is working quite a lot next week I believe. Ahh income, it's a beautiful thing.

There is allegedly a possibility that I will also be doing some work over Christmas, but we shall see.

There was a nasty vibration above 50km/h on the Jeep yesterday morning when driving Kat to work.

Imagine my horror when I looked at the differential/drive shaft mount and saw that I HADN'T BOLTED IT IN PROPERLY.

Thankfully no damage, and 30 minutes of lying in the melting snow later it was fixed, and seemingly fine....

Given we both have new boots we decided to sell the old ones on eBay.

Imagine the combined horror when Kat's boots went for USD0.99.

Thankfully the guy who bidded was kind enough to offer $40 for them when I told him that we couldn't sell em for that price, so perhaps everything ends well on that front too.

Snow Update
FINALLY it has been snowing. Yesterday was ok, today was much better again.

When there's powder on the ground I'm a lot more fearless than when it's a solid block of ice, so today had a good couple of hours. I'm saving myself for tomorrow, which should be an awesome day..

I'm now riding pretty confidently and a LOT quicker than before. Tomorrow I'd like to ride from the very top of the mountain all the way to the base. Not sure how long it would take, but I'd say about an hour. Next week I might hit the n00b slope and try riding switch.. that should be frustrating fun.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad luck on the eBay auction. You should have got me to put a bid on for you. Or do what I do. If something sells for a crap price, tell the successful bidder the item was in your car when it got broken into :-) Works every time.

Leigh said...

Thankfully he has been a good sport about it so far.

First time I've ever seen one of my own auctions go that low. Oh well.