Tuesday 4 December 2007

Bogged!

Holy crap over the last day or so it's dumped around 60cm of snow.

To give a sense of scale without pictures....
  • It was knee deep.
  • The snow was nearly up to the top of the Jeep's tires.
  • The boards were completely buried.
I dug up the scraper, got most of the snow off the Jeep, dug up the boards, and was ready to go.

Unfortunately I've learnt that it's best to clear a path for the vehicle, as there was so much snow it was basically up to the floor pan.

So there I was, lying under the Jeep, getting the snow out from underneath the diffs, and trying to clear a path for it. Alas, even in low ratio 4WD it didn't want to come out. A bit of rocking backwards and forwards did it in the end though. The Kipper would be proud.

This afternoon we will be purchasing a big snow shovel, and I'll be getting on the roof to clear the snow from it. I win.

Despite the immense amount of snow, the mountains were closed due to high wind, and for some strange reason it was raining. We managed a couple of runs in the knee deep, wet powder before adjourning for the day soaked through.

I am pleased to report though that I am nearly at the point where riding is an unconscious activity.
I am not attempting to ride while unconscious though. I'm hopeful that by the end of this week I'll be ready to tackle riding switch.....

Please enjoy!

No comments: