Wednesday 5 December 2007

Stuff

Some things I forgot to mention, that have now lost their meaning a bit. Oh well.

Yesterday a snowmobile rider was attempting to be a hero and jump off a large pile of snow. This was all good until he fell off, and had to chase the snowmobile across the snow. Unfortunately he caught up with it before it hit the trees. Funny nevertheless.

Kat was walking to the laundry, and slipped. Not that funny, but when her next step was thigh deep in the garden, and she was lying in the snow - very funny. I had to help her up, because she was stuck. If only I had my camera....

Someone has a new hatchback Subaru Impreza. It looks like a combination of a Focus and a Civic. My only question, where do I mount the huge wing?!


Jeep Updates
I'm nearly mentally prepared to do this and this to the Jeep. I've gotten some u-joints, and a grease gun in aid of this.

The pad heaters I installed on the oil pan and the battery sure make a difference. It starts MUCH better now and comes up to the lowest operating oil pressure much quicker.

I think I'm going to replace the thermostat we put in when we were in Florida, as up here we could sure do with a bit more heat...

Snow Update
Last night I shovelled about 60cm of snow off the roof of the turd. That was fun. In the process I cracked the plastic housing of the forward air conditioner. ARGH!!

Thankfully there were vents where I cracked it, so it's not like I have ruined the integrity of the unit.

We also dug a little driveway for the Jeep.

While we were out there, Kat had a great idea for a photo - the ice on the branch of the tree.

They didn't turn out very well as I don't have a tripod, but still... the idea is there.



I must try to re-take this shot some time.

No mountain today. Just rain. Poo.


No comments: