Sunday 25 November 2007

Ride baby ride!

Snow Update
There's been no snow here now for a week. Friday the snow was getting a bit crusty, and some brown patches were poking through where the grooming machines had been.

A great day on Thursday with my mad skillz returning, followed up by yesterday morning, where my mad skillz disappeared like a stray muffin left on a desk in the COE at GE.

I can only hope that it's due to tiredness after 6 straight days, otherwise this is going to be a long and frustrating winter.

Someone has been showing off and practising her mad switch skillz. Both of us are making a little air now, but alas the backside 540 still eludes me.


Turd Update
The skies have been completely clear the last few nights, leading to nights of below -5C.
On Thursday morning we turned on the tap, and waited for the water, and nothing came out.

The only part of the fresh water system that wasn't insulated and heated was the fresh water inlet on the side of the turd - and it had frozen due to the cold.

Yesterday we applied bubble wrap to the last part of the hose, and taped down the heat tape right up to the end - the final touches being more wrap around the end of the hose and the inlet.

This morning the water was fine, but the next few days of -8C to -10C at night will tell.

I still haven't tackled the poo valve. I can feel the hacksaw and gloves coming out this afternoon.

Moon Update
Last night I went outside to have a whizz and looked up at the moon - I can't remember what it's called but there was a cool ring around the moon as you can see.

Nothing like the noise from the high ISO settings huh?

I spent more than an hour this morning installing Photoshop CS3 again. I have no idea what the hell is up with that installer - it takes so damn long.

So I've run them through Noise Ninja, and though the noise has been reduced, I'm not sure whether the final product is as good. Oh well.

That's all for today. On my schedule is washing clothes, drying clothes, washing dishes, trying to dump the black tank and perhaps a bit of music.

Toodle pip!

2 comments:

Euan said...

Did the COE have a red headed muffin muncher?

Leigh said...

They used to. They have a fairly broad representation of the muffin muncher genus.