Tuesday 20 November 2007

Ribs 'n' riding...

Continuing my successes with the Weber, 2 nights ago we cooked baby back ribs.

Man were they tasty - I can thoroughly recommend trying the "indirect cooking" method (basically just having something between the meat and the heat).

Also the ribs we got from the supermarket were above and beyond anything I've ever managed to procure in Melbourne - there was so much meat on them it wasn't funny. Forget Squire's Loft...

Some good info here. I also recommend spending the time to remove the membrane from the ribs, I've never done that before and it sure makes for a nicer texture.

Yesterday was our first day on the mountain.

Someone spent all their time complaining about their boots.

I started the season spectacularly by planting my face vigorously into the snow. It made my entire skull ache a little, and I had to take a moment to breath deeply and wait for the world to come back into focus.

Other than than that it felt like a lacklustre day. The strap that tightens the cuff fell off my new jacket, and I managed to gouge a chunk out of the bottom of my board. The board is in for repairs, and I exchanged the jacket. Oh well.

I remain a little disappointed with the robustness (or lack thereof) of the Vapor. For the large price tag one expects that it doesn't fall apart when one looks at it.

On the positive side we're both in one piece.

Snow Report: Allegedly no new snow last night, so we're going to pick up my board, my season pass, and cruise up the mountain to check it out.

Later!

No comments: