Thursday 22 November 2007

Pain glorious pain..

Well the theme for this week has got to be foot pain.

I think we've both decided now that our boots don't fit properly. Mine are a teeny bit large, and Kat's are too narrow in the toe, and too big in length. Thanks very much to whoever sold them to us.

I don't remember my front foot being this painful in Japan, although I also just read that it could be that my stance is too narrow (interestingly I narrowed the stance on my board last week.....)

So not sure where to from here. I've got some new inner soles, and I'll widen my stance - desperately trying anything to avoid needing new boots...

I think Kat is at the end of her tether though, so... guess she'll be workin' some overtime to pay for em (guess I'll be getting a slap on the head when she reads this :))

It's been a frustrating week. I don't feel like I'm progressing, because I can't concentrate on my technique when my foot feels like someone's sawing it off. Might take the afternoon off, fiddle with the board, and try again in the morning.

It must have been freakin' cold last night, because this morning the condensation on the INSIDE of the window frame was frozen solid. The only issue we're having in the RV so far is that where the mattress is against the wall at night, condensation forms. So far we've been able to dry it out each day by moving the mattress away from the wall.

Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA - I imagine that Whistler is soon to be swamped by our American friends.

Well best get fiddling then!

No comments: