Tuesday 13 November 2007

Back to School

I'm sure you're all dying to hear about my first day of training as a proud new Whistler Blackcomb employee.... I know I was dying to get up at 6:50am for the first time in, well about 5 years.

Leigh woke up early to make me coffee and cook me a lovely breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushroom and tomato before driving me to Whistler Creekside. It snowed all morning, dumping about 20cm as the first heavy storm system passed through the region.

Of the 65 people in the training session about 80% were fellow Australians and New Zulanders. It's like a plague. Anyway, they taught us very basic customer service and sales principles via role play (yay) and how to look alert whilst still hungover (seriously) Then off to the computer lab to learn about their awesome ticket selling system. Just easy stuff today though, different ticket packages and such. Tomorrow we're taking on 'how to process a ticket refund' A resounding WOW!!!!!!

But I do get some cool benefits, like a season lift ticket, discount tickets for friends, 2 for 1 unlimited fresh tracks all season, 10% off retail, 50% off food & 20% off beverages. Plus a nice uniform and more.. all exchange for my attendance for 16 hours per week. Oooo, and training this week is paid. Nice :-)

I'm sure I'll hate it before the end of the week.

No comments: