Monday 26 November 2007

Poo, Nachos, Razor

Poo Update
Yesterday I cut off the end of the waste valve to see if I could manually actuate the blade. There's nothing quite like the smell of poo-flavoured ice. No wonder I didn't eat anything until late in the day.

Unfortunately, even though I cut right down to where the valve meets the pipe, the blade is too far in for me to grab it with the pliers.

So tomorrow I will call a septic tank service and find out how much it will cost to get them to come and pump the toilet out. Once that's done, I should be able to unbolt the valve (and probably catch the remaining poo into some kind of receptacle, we shall call it the Poo Chalice) and replace it.

I'm really not looking forward to it, but by the same token I don't want to spend several hundred dollars on getting someone else to do it either. I also don't want to end up wearing a poo hat.

Scarily I'm pretty sure I had a dream about working on the poo valve last night....

Frozen Water Update
The wrapping we've applied to the fresh water intake appears to have stopped the water from freezing at night, although it was quite cloudy again last night.

It's pretty annoying having to leave the warm turd and tramp over to the toilets in the middle of the night. Could be worse I guess. I could be covered in turd.

Nachos!
I made nachos last night. Man they were good. That is all.

Battlestar Galactica
So last night was the long awaited TV movie "Razor". I admit it was kind of disappointing. First of all casting someone with a terrible Australian accent just didn't work. I don't know what it is about our "accent" that is so disturbing on TV, but it makes me cringe. Perhaps it's just repressed memories of Crocodile Dundee. Thanks, Paul Hogan.

I also didn't really give that much of a shit about the back story they were filling. If they were trying to vindicate Admiral Cain's decisions, they didn't do a very good job. Enough nerd stuff for one day.

It's Sunday here in Canadia, which is NFL game day so I get to hang arond the turd and get my fill of football.

Enjoy work peeps :p

No comments: