Wednesday 12 March 2008

Snow and Ice

This morning I arose nice and early to do "fresh tracks" - you get a stinky old buffet breakfast, but you get allowed onto the hill before anyone else.

Breakfast was pretty nice, but Kat was working so I was chillin' by myself.

There'd been around 10cm of fresh snow last night - but it was blowing a freaking gale so visibility was nearly zero. I ripped down the hill anyway, but..... imagine the surprise of making nice powder turns only to hit.... the ice just under the surface.

It was kind of weird. Heaps of chunky bumpy shit, and corduroy shaped ice. Oh well. If there's one thing that the Vapor sux at more than anything, it's holding an edge on the ice. Ripper.

Now all I have to do is resist the temptation to buy a new board before next season. Thankfully I think shops will pretty much be sold out of anything I want....

Kat has been promoted at work after resisting it all season. Which is kind of funny because they're letting her do the SENIOR HOST role part time. I'm back to being the lowest earner of the household....

I see we have some hate mail in the comments section. I better just start fabricating mad shit to make the blog more interesting....

3 comments:

Euan said...

I also hate you.....sorry, it's natural...organic, even.

You are SOOOOOOO like, whatever......anyways. I mean, duh!!!....*hate!*....*hate!*....*hate!*...

Cheers,
Hater

Anonymous said...

WHO is hating?

Anonymous said...

NEXT TIME I'LL TRY WATERBOARDING - THAT'S TUNZ OF FUN!