Tuesday 25 March 2008

A slightly less than rippin' day...

Last night I was really excited about getting up early and hitting the mountain, due to the promise of 10-15cm of new snow.

At 00:30 this morning I was still awake visualising myself doing a frontside 180 off a kicker. I hate it when I can't sleep. Imagine the terror at 05:10 when Kat had to get up for work, and then at 05:30 when I arose from the palatial boudoir.

Dunno what it was today, but lack of snow, and lack of sleep certainly didn't help my irritable mood, and distinct lack of skills on the hills.

A dirty English ski instructor nearly earned himself a snowboard in the head after telling me off for "riding across the piste". I hate that word. Bah.

Aerially however, today was a success. I'm now only 20-30cm from clearing the entire (small) kicker, and feeling very confident in the air. In the final moments of the day, I managed to pull off some kind of strange ollie with a 180 degree spin in it. Admittedly, I wasn't moving very fast (if you must know I was barely moving at all) but it was very pleasing nevertheless.

We shall see what rotational delights tomorrow may or may not bring.

No comments: