Friday 14 March 2008

Put some pork on your fork!

Man what a great advertising slogan that was. It's right up there with "Feed the man Meat".

Today is Princess Kat's birthday. In lieu of heading down to Vancouver I'm going to cook her a 3-4 course meal. Just need to figure out what those courses are. There's definitely going to be some roast pork involved though.

I love pork. I don't know how our Jewish friends can go through life without supping on the succulent flesh of our dear porcine friend. If the pig was such a dirty filthy animal, why did the good Lord create him with such tasty flesh, only to deem him inedible? Tsk tsk.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get over to the Symphony area before the crowds. Given it was closed the day before due to winds, the powder was nearly untouched when I arrived. Ahh powder. A glorious morning. Alas by the time Kat and I got back there after lunch, it was all ruined by the dirty skiers. Dirty, dirty skiers.

While we've been away I've stumbled across a number of blogs about food. You may remember this one from the brined pork. I found this one today while looking for more pork recipes. Check them out if you're so inclined to do so. Interestingly, both of these are Australian!

I am pleased to note that I have also finished Guitar Hero on the "medium" difficulty level now. Unfortunately the "hard" levels are ... well, hard. I feel it may take a lot longer to complete this time.

Finally, there are some nice polish recipes on this site here. Made me think of Trez's parents and the fine dining I've been privileged to have in Endeavour Hills on occasion!

Until tomorrow's scintillating update.

No comments: