Friday 21 March 2008

A rippin' day!

I reluctantly arose this morning at 0800, and peered out the window... WHAT THE?!

SNOW!! Lots of it. Gosh darn it. Why didn't my people alert me to this??
Bah it's hard to find good help these days.

There was fantastic snow today. In some places it was nearly knee deep.
Pity it was so foggy you couldn't see.

It's kind of weird looking over a cornice, and not being able to see where the lip is, or where the snow is, or any features. It's so white my freakin' eyes are bugging out.

So I rocked out the pow, fell over a few times, ate some snow, shredded some moguls, cursed some dirty skiers, and did plenty of hiking out of flat spots.

There's something annoying about skiers. It's not their one-piece suits from the 80's, or their pushiness in lift lines, it's the way they ruin the snow when they're crap at it. From side to side they go, following each other's tracks, digging ruts deeper and deeper and deeper and.... DEEPER.

Now I like my house deep, and my snow deep, but not my ruts. I have spoken.

Also rocked out the Blackcomb terrain "garden". I'm slowly getting more confident and feel like I'm getting some half-reasonable air going. If only I had another trick. Just one.

Kat had the delight of hanging around work until 14:30. Yay. We did a couple of runs through the park. It was very nice. That is all.

Last gripe of the day - stupid motherfuckers sitting in the most annoying (and dangerous) places. What's with that? Do they have some perverse desire for me to take their head off at the neck? I am happy to oblige.

I leave you with my favourite quote of the winter: "Skiing is for little fat kids"

Rock on.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Stop housing me, or I'll disable anonymous comments, mein herr.