Sunday 2 March 2008

Pow!

Ok there, I've said it. Pow! Pow! Pow!

Today after what feels like an eternal wait there was manna from the heavens. Well, powder anyway.

Of course nothing quite goes to plan. We'd hit the sack very early last night in preparation (me for pow, Kat for work) but as fate would have it, there would be no sleeping until after midnight. I curse you Chinese ingredients and your MSG. I also coughed and spluttered my way through a highly unsatisfactory night's sleep.

So I arose feeling like death, had some coffee, and some cold and flu tablets.

There is another thing I would like to take the opportunity to tell (read: rant to you) you all about.

It's cold and flu tablets here in Canada.

Basically, they suck. You can rely on Codral and such back home to dial you right up until you can feel your teeth clenching. Sinus pain? Forget that my friend, I've got PSEUDOEPHIDRINE and CODEINE and PARACETAMOL. Up here, you can forget your nice analgesics. Some other crap is jammed into all the pills here that doesn't YANK MY CRANK.

Anyhoo. I rocked up to the mountain.

We had a minor issue with ticketing (yes, that's right, unusually today is Saturday). I did a wee bit o' shredding, and headed back down at 11:30 to pick up the JEEP PARTS.

Correct. In my sweaty hands I hold the GENUINE Mopar 83502745 fuel line repair kit. Woohoo!!

Tomorrow, I foresee greasy, sweaty hands. I also picked up the ladies, and we headed up for an angst filled lunch, and then over to Symphony/Harmony.

Alas, the pow was fairly tracked out by this stage, but we ripped it up anyway. Speed was the theme for today, and we tackled the sunlit and powder-filled bowls with reckless abandon.

Several last lifts later we finished up in the fog and slush. Jacqui gave us a ride home in her shiny new Ranger. At this point my stamina left me. The ladies are out at some snowboard competition thing. I am here writing the blog. That is all.

No comments: