Saturday 15 March 2008

The Queen's Annual Birthday Address

Yesterday *someone* made a comparison between the Queen and I because apparently I post so infrequently... hmmm. So anyways, here it is, my annual address to you my loyal subjects.

My birthday started at 5:20AM - the time that I rise to get to work these days. I've never woken up so early for anything. Work was fun though.. I had a new staff member who I had to train, and she was so shy and young and just scared of everything in general. Next, another staff member slept through his alarm and arrived an hour and a half late. On 'said' staff members break, he decided to have a little rest on the floor in the ticket booth which turned into a full snooze which he had to be violently shook from so he could get to his next job.

Ren - our gay New Zuland supervisor brought me in a cake and candles and everyone sang for me which was lovely.... then everyone left and I had to close up for the next couple of hours by myself.

I got home - tired- so I had a little birthday nap while Executive Chef Leigh prepared dinner. Our PROK dinner, cheese platter and profiterole desserts were so tasty.. I was also treated to champagne courtesy of Louis Roederer but we were both so tired that we went to bed without drinking it.

It was really a wonderful day, thanks to my family and everyone who sent me birthday wishes. You made me feel very special on what is otherwise just another day that brings me closer to my walking frame :-)

Kat xox

No comments: