Thursday 24 January 2008

Teeney Swodd

Last night we went to the cinema to see "Sweeney Todd" the new Tim Burton musical, based on the.. well musical.

Frankly I was under-whelmed. Despite the nearly universal positive reviews, it never really grabbed me. Sure there were some gruesome moments, but I didn't think that Broadway and the Silver Screen really connected.

Made me think twice about ever getting a shave with one of those nasty cut-throat razors though.

I'm going to give it 6/10. It's dark, it's musical, it's Burton, but ultimately it failed to keep me entertained and I found myself wondering whether it would be better if someone slit MY throat to put me out of my misery.

Anyhoo.

All this sunny weather comes at a price - the price of keeping the turd heated when it's below -10C at night. Right now it's around -11/-12 and it's only 10pm. The poor old heaters have been working overtime.

I'm looking forward to some snow. Partly because it'll be great to ride some fresh powder, but partly because the cloud will bring milder nights.

Brrrr...

In the high-back-country today the snow has formed strange giant ice/snow crystal hybrid things.

They look like snowflakes do, but are large, so you can see the crystalline structure with the naked eye. These weird flakes have coated the landscape - they're super light, and you can pick a handful up and it feels like you're picking up ... crystals.

I consult the oracle of Wikipedia - and apparently it's called "hoar frost".

I took a photo, but it's not as good as this one. I shall subject you to my abstract photography tomorrow, when I get the card reader back.

G'night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winterwonderland covered with crystal meth... paradise?

Leigh said...

If it didn't melt in my hand I might have tried to smoke it :|