Friday 4 January 2008

New Years Wrap-Up, Surfing the Snow

New Year's Eve 2007

Pretty low key here in the RV park - we were both dead tired, but the careful application of gin, tonic and Lychee Martinis seemed to be the remedy.

Some photos... the first is of two little monkeys frolicking in turd...

(This is obviously Kat, and our friend Elke from next door)


The infamous neighbours, Andrew and Elke.


The other neighbours - Bob and Hunter. Hunter is the dog. Bob is a good man.


This was one of my Christmas presents - a moose that poos when you squeeze it. It sounds silly, but it's very cool.


Here's Bob and some bearded freak. This is pretty late in the night, and... well... I was very tanked.


Everyone was pretty crook the next day - but that's what you get I guess.

Despite best intentions, there was no riding, only working, and puking.

All of the working and puking was done by someone other than myself. A fine effort in my opinion.

Oh, and before I forget - SOMEONE was demonstrating their MAD KARATE SKILLZ and managed to kick me, fall over, break the heater, and spill wax on the floor. ROCK ON!!!!

Mad Skillz Update
Today my new bindings, the much maligned Vapor and myself melded to form something a little more than the sum of its parts.

If I have not mentioned my AWESOME Christmas present, you can look to the left, and weep over the weaponry that is the Flow NXT-AT. Such comfort, balance, and response. I only need think about turning, and like magic, we turn.

I don't know exactly how it happened, but everything came together and I was surfing the powder like I had been born into it. I could have danced a little jig by the time we arrived in the car park at 4pm.

It's the first time that Kat and I have ridden together for a while - we caught the last lifts up this afternoon and rode at dusk (it was bloody dark when we got to the bottom). Fine times!

Today we are both a little sick. I am going to bed now. Witness the sickness.

No comments: