Tuesday 19 February 2008

Something wicked this way comes...

I noticed over the last few days that subtly something has changed about the Whistler experience (at least for me). It feels like it's gone from being a holiday and/or an adventure, to just eking out a living for meagre pay.

I'm not sure whether it's the work, or the warm weather and lack of snow that's doing it. But it feels like there's a certain sense of inevitability about it all - like the first realisation that the season will end.

I hope that over the next week or so we get some more snow, and lots of it.

At least it's taught me one thing - the whole "doing a job with little responsibility" doesn't really cut it for me. It's also confirmed that to do a job for little money, you must seriously love it......

Slowly I feel like a conceptual framework for the rest of my life is evolving in my head. Don't know what it all means yet, but it's like a cloud is coalescing.

In other news, my ankle has peculiar bruising from the sled incident. It's kind of OK, but still a little sore and weak - occasionally it provides me with the entertainment of stabbing pain while I walk.

Today I'm having a lazy morning, it's nearly 09:30 and I'm still in the Turd. Must be nearly time to shower, wash dishes, and get up the mountain in the sun.

No comments: