Wednesday 27 February 2008

Fire in the Hole

Last night we had one of Kat's friends over for dinner.

I put a chicken on the Weber to roast, as we've done many times before.

This time however, after about 10 minutes I noticed a whole bunch of smoke billowing past the windows. I decided to investigate.

A quick peek out the door revealed flames billowing out of the Weber. What the?!
The whole damn grill was on fire. I shut the gas off, and it kept burning like there was no tomorrow.
Ripped the now sooty and blackened chicken out, and stuck some snow in to extinguish the flames.
Thankfully this did the trick, but unfortunately the chicken was ruined.

Mental note to self - clean out the gunk UNDERNEATH the grate once in a while.

Kat had to walk up to the shop to get a new one, which we did cook, and it turned out ok, but not great. I'd have to say this was probably the worst dinner we've prepared. Sorry about that Jacqui.

To top it all off, the cold and flu medicine I had taken made me feel kind of high, and want to puke. Ripper.

Today I woke up with zero energy, so we hung around doing nothing. But it's raining now, so fingers crossed we'll have new snow for tomorrow!

No comments: