Friday 25 July 2008

Two Sides of a Coin

People are funny.

Yesterday, in the spot next to us there were two old ladies. Somehow they'd managed to break their rooftop satellite dish off, and asked if I could get up on the roof and have a look at it.

They'd gone a great job of ripping the dish right out of the roof and it was hanging by the wires that went inside. A quick snip and some Glad Wrap over the holes, and she'll be right mate.
I got $10 for my troubles which was fine. The first money I have earned since leaving Whistler!

It's funny how people are willing to ask for help, despite getting someone to remove our hose from their outlet before asking. Hmm. Sure it's their right to use their own water outlet, but I'm reasonably sure an extra 30 seconds wouldn't have hurt.

This morning some fat old whities in their giant expensive RV were backing into the spot on the other side. Remembering that I'd left the grill very close to the edge of our space, I rushed out and offered to move it.

When I came inside I noticed I had a missed call on my phone. On ringing the voicemail I discovered it was the campground - ringing to tell me that the new neighbours had complained that I had left "items in their spot and they couldn't back in" and that "if I didn't remove them immediately I would be charged for using two spots".

Amazing. Also given they were NEARLY BACKED IN when I moved the grill.

As I said, people are funny. Mind you it hasn't stopped them moving the 44 gallon drum that serves as a bin in front of the Turd so they can park their car though...

This morning I started some cardio work. A few intervals and such. Whilst I'm definately unfit, it's not quite as bad as I thought. At least I'm writing this from my palatial studio in the Turd, and not the emergency room.

Tonight in the kitchens of the Turd I will be making Tandoori Chicken and Vindaloo. Mm.

A little boredom kicked off a search for "Terry Lee Brown Jnr" - whilst we've been away he's been hard at work bless him - Terry's Cafe 11 so far is a ripping listen.

/out.

No comments: