Friday 25 July 2008

Terry Lee Brown Junior - Terry's Cafe 11

It's rare that I post twice in one day (but let's face it I have plenty of time on my hands right now).

I've stumbled on a couple of websites which seem to have superb collections of new deep/tech/house tunes - an absolute BOON kiddies I tell you.

I was delighted to see that whilst I've been away, Mr Normal Feller (also known as the legendary Terry Lee Brown Junior) has been very busy.

If there was ever any doubt as to the master's ability, Terry's Cafe 11 is an absolute affirmation. Terry demonstrates that he is still a god of tech-house, whether on the decks or in the studio.

It's that freaking good, I'm listening to it for the second time and nearly jumping out of my skin.

Opening with a little techy burbler Terry sets the stage for a rumbling, chord-o-matic ride through everything I love about the his (and the Plastic City) sound.

I note that he has another album, "Softpack" that was released this year which surely must be on the download list shortly.

All I have to say about Terry's Cafe 10, is that I will be delighted to know how Sacred Cycles, by Pete Lazonby and a little Maurizio fit together.......

That is all for today. It's 22:30 and I'm thinking about bed!

No comments: