Thursday 3 July 2008

Panorama, Drink'o'rama, Teton2, Turd

For some peculiar reason, Picasa won't let me upload panoramas, even though they're under (as far as I can tell) the maximum file/pixel limits that they say they have.

So if you're interested in seeing them, I've uploaded them to the iiNet server. The first two are view into Bryce Canyon. I do warn you, that they're large files (6 and 9MB respectively).

Panorama One.
Panorama Two.

The third is of Chimney Rock at the Kodachrome Basin. This one is 13M.

Chimney Rock.

Sunday - Drink'o'rama.
We'd planned to do some stuff closer to the campground, but on investigation we discovered that pretty much everything is closed on Sundays here, including the supermarket.

We went to the local ranger station to see if we could find any hiking info for the national forest that is here, but there was nothing but a map with no detail on it. Well plenty of detail I guess, just nothing that told us what was there, or what to do.

Weirdly the organic market place was open, so we bought some organic beer, and had a lazy day in the sun (and aircon).

We had dinner at the only diner in town. Both of us had a version of chicken fried steak. Yum. I could feel my arteries getting harder by the second.

Monday - Teton2
We headed back over the mountain, and hit up the park again. Not quite as exciting as hitting up the terrain park, but hey.

We accidentally took the wrong road, and ended up about 30 miles further north than we thought we'd be, but that's ok. There was still stuff to do.

There are heaps of these little dragonflies everywhere, I guess it's mating season!


If only I could have gotten closer. The little buggars never sit still.


This is nowhere near as cool as Kat's bee shot :(


We hiked around one of the lakes. It was more meadows of flowers and such.


...and this freaky thing full of caterpillars.


It's not often you see a whole field of these things!


Well that is all for the time being. The turd saga continues, with Loser pretending to be "too busy" to talk to me. Now *I* have to ring him this afternoon. Time's running out my silly little god-loving friend!

Today is our last day in Tetonia, tomorrow we head north to Yellowstone, our last official stop on this trip!! From there, we will head back to SLC where we will either farewell the Turd, or it will then come with us to San Francisco!

I'll post yesterday and today's scintillating news later on....

No comments: