Sunday 27 July 2008

Jesús es el Señor

I believe this means "Jesus Is Lord" in Spanish. It's painted on a church that you can see on the BART to and from downtown. I thought it was funny. Personally I'm convinced that TLB is "el Señor" but hey...

Never mind, I had to write it down before I forgot. Simple things amuse this simple mind.

Yesterday was a quiet day, more chatting on the innernet, and I put a whole bunch more of our stuff into storage. A lady rang enquiring about the turd and even mentioned the magic words - downpayment! Yee-HAR!

Apparently the lil' downturn in the US economy has kinda hurt builders and such (something about sub-prime mortgages I hear? :-)) so to save their business they're selling their house and hoping to move into an RV - that's right kids, the Turd is DEFINITELY the one for you!!

They're comin' down from Sacramento today at 5pm to take a look. Hopefully I'll have some good news later.

Today I headed into downtown to pick up my new suits. Even if I do say so myself, I look rather good in em. Must be the extra room at the front...

Annoyingly the power was out in the mall, so I didn't get a chance to check out any shirt (well I decided not too, kinda pointless shopping in the dark).

Man the turd is super clean again - I even got one of those plug-in air freshener doodads to make it smell nice. Dunno why we didn't think of that in Whistown. Ahh fresh scent, and chinese tea. Bliss.

So on the tiny turntables today a couple of bewdies for you...

Carl Craig - Sessions: Daniel's been bugging me for a while to listen to this, and I finally got around to is yesterday, and I'm glad I did. What can I really say... I mean it's Carl Craig, one of the Dee-troit masters at his finest. Listen to this one, you won't be sorry.

Aril Brikha - Ex Machina: Staying with the Detroit-y vibe.. I've been a fan of Mr. Brikha since I had one of his early releases on Transmat (Derrick May's label) many years ago (I'm never buying vinyl again by the way, every SINGLE record I have ever own has been lost or stolen....) and this laid back synthy record evokes memories of a chilled out Vegas Soul. Great tunes for sitting in the sun with friends, enjoying a lazy morning, or closin' out yer giant warehouse set...! Hands up kids!

Robert Dietz - Jaszu EP: Taking down several notches into the basement is a cool record by this guy I have never heard of. Doesn't seem like he's released much, but if this is the shape of things to come it might be worth keeping and eye on him. My faves, tracks 1 and 4. In general, this is a deep techy number with a great rolling feeling to it. Be warned... not for the shirts off brigade at all!

A few more bits and pieces coming down right now, so more annoying music bullshit to annoy you later!

No comments: