Wednesday 24 October 2007

DIY, or not.

In the boiling 15 degree heat today, I had high hopes of plumbing and replacing the weatherstripping on the door.

Alas the coupling I had bought for the pipe was too big, and the weatherstripping was too wide.

Gosh darn it!

I also managed to cut myself underneath the nail of my middle finger on my right hand. Great work.

On the plus side, our snow equipment and Florida licenses arrived today (thanks to Team Bohannan for that). I also got a new pair of boots.

Tonight we went to see "Michael Clayton" - an excellent movie, with a terrible title. I couldn't help but think of GE. I highly recommend this one, for those tired of post 9-11 action movies with terrorist bad-guys.

On the way back to the car we stumbled across a fully grown black bear!

Kat did not see it at first, and when I politely pointed out the presence of the large wild bear, she ran a few steps backwards. I of course bared my beard and the bear retreated (well continued on) into the bushes.

I'm definitely going to have to do something about this beard shortly, it's getting ridiculous - I'm in danger of being mistaken for some kind of messiah!

By jove it's late! Midnight already! Must head off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin and get made into a Halloween ornament.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like the beard Leigh.

I've grown one myself.

I look like a 50 year old man but I've saved a shit load of coin on Mach3 razor blades :-)

Anonymous said...

I bet that Sasquatch will perform his mating dance once he enters your RV. Read more Jack London novels I say!