Wednesday 17 October 2007

Cascade Locks, Oregon

Well this morning we set out to make it to Washington. No we did not make it.

We're in a beautiful setting though, here at Cascade Locks in Oregon.

I thought it was about time I checked some fluids in the turd. Oil - Low. Transmission Fluid - Low. Power Steering Fluid - Low. Man did I shit myself. Put in the required fluids, and spent the rest of the freaking day paranoid about the turd exploding.

Anyway.

Seems my reputation preceded me!


This was like the grown up version of the turd and the camo jeep.....


Uh... some water.


This is the John Day Dam. You can read about it here! There was a great shot of water pouring out of it. But someone missed it. I forgot to mention that all photos the last few days are not courtesy of me. I'm the one driving :)


Cool shot of a barge eh?


This is nearing Cascade Locks......


So we're SO CLOSE you can TASTE the snow. The turd has developed a leak in its grey water piping. Ripper. Was going to get underneath it and try to seal it up, but it's raining. No thanks.

Tomorrow we'll stop at Camping World to get some bits and pieces...... and then our last stop outside of Canada!! It's 8pm. Sadly I am absolutely rooted, so will be going to bed shortly.

G'night!

No comments: