Monday 14 April 2008

Demo Day, Injuries, Poor Performance

Friday was S U P E R demo day. We rose S U P E R early and made it up to the Roundhouse by just after 0900. Amazing. I was a little disappointed that there was no LibTech tent though. Oh well.

So we rode some boards.

I managed to get on the K2 Darkstar, Ride DH, Society and Concept UL.
Kat rode the Ride Fever and I think the Vista, and had a few spectacular accidents.

To recap: the Vapor is super stuff, therefore to flex it you have to apply tons of brute force. The Fever is a park/jib board, so is super flexible which means if you apply heaps of force, it will flex a lot. Nonetheless the tail-press 180 turned into a tail stand which turned into a flipping over. It was pretty funny to watch, but the consequences were no good.

There is now an issue with her ribs, hopefully it's just bruising and not a small fracture. Good thing she has a cough as well, because I'm sure that's pleasant.


It was great to ride some different boards. Irritatingly I think I liked all of them comfort-wise more than the Vapor. I had my first ride on a bigger board (the Concept UL was a 161) which was S U P E R cool for ripping out massive carves. If I was to have multiple boards, I would definitely have a big board for surfing the pow and bombing at warp speed down the piste runs.

Next Friday there's another demo day, which I shall be using to full advantage. Must arrive earlier. MUST ARRIVE EARLIER.

So Friday afternoon we hooked up with Jacqui and Co for some post-shred beers.

For me at least, this quickly got out of control. My first (of many) steps down the road to perdition had been taken!

We gave some Swiss dudes a lift to the village, and then headed up to The Ghetto (a.k.a. staff housing). At this point the evening gets a bit blurry. I remember (vaguely) smokin' a doobie with Loulie's room mate, packing my horn, and chewing a vitamin tablet.

At some point after this I apparently decided to go for a walk, get lost, get picked up, and get put to bed. I like to call this "Euan Style", and boy did I rock it out. Apparently anyway, for I have no recollection your honour. To top it all off, I forgot to record BSG. WTF?! IDIOT!!

I'd foolishly agreed to work on Saturday, so I did. It was slow, and was pretty nice to hang out with the boys in the sun. Ahh if only I could have stopped shaking. Teehee.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are SNOWBOARD CAMP days. w00ty!

No comments: