Saturday 10 March 2007

Niseko, Japan Day 02

Surprisingly everything ran smoothly between Melbourne and Sapporo, all except my inability to read gate/bus stop numbers correctly.

Apparently 23 is 30, and 4 is 9. Ahh well.

Had a quick ride of the mountain, which was pretty awesome - there certainly is a lot of powder here. There are also many large cans of beer, for very little money. I can see my gut getting bigger.

The high(low)light of my day must have been watching a japanese chef remove a live octopus from a tank, and proceed to cut one of its tentacles off, and then return it to a bag to be put back in the tank..... no wonder they like killing whales and dolphins.....

I was a little traumatised by this and had to leave the restaurant.... that scene is right up there with seeing the man squashed by the bus in Manila.

Sadly though, the japanese people are all very friendly and helpful. Their country seems to run with easy efficiency, and has been very easy to get around.

Pity SOMEONE left the phrasebook in MELBOURNE.

Up early today (0700) and will hit the mountain, hopefully not with my head. Have removed my butt pads, in anticipation of hitting something with that instead.

More tomorrow. Hopefully something wittier than today.

Peash!

No comments: