Saturday 17 March 2007

Farewell Niseko

Unfortunately this is our last morning here. Was kept up late last night by drunken carousing, alas I was not participating.

Two restaurants that earn a special mention: Rosso Rosso and Sekka. Rosso Rosso served up a steak that is up there with the best I have had. Sekka's mains let it down a little, but the entree/appetiser/deserts easily made up for it.

Snowboarding Update: Yesterday we went across to Annapuri - if only we'd done this 5 days ago, it was easily the most fun we've had - nice runs, and plenty of off-piste action too.... we ended up riding from about 10:30 to 16:00 almost non stop (except for a katsu-curry).

I've pretty much got my toe-side carving down pat, but need to work a bit on the heel-side, I think I dig in too much and end up semi-stopping...

The old knees have been getting a bit of a work out... I wish I'd taken this up 10 years ago!

Next snow will be Whistler I guess... hopefully I can make some more advances on my mad skillz and be doing some tricks.

So today is Niseko --> Sapporo, Sapporo --> Haneda, Haneda --> Narita, Narita --> Melbourne. The only thing that is a little concering is that we haven't heard from Kat's dad about the flights, but what's the worst that can happen - we have to stay in Tokyo for a couple of days? Damn.....

I'd have to say you should spend 2 weeks here, the first week sussing it all out, and the second week just enjoying it... Apparently we were lucky and this has been the most snow they've had all season..

Well I guess I'll make one more entry when we get back and kind of wrap it all up, and post any remaining pics.... until then...

.out.

No comments: