Thursday 15 May 2008

Houskeeping, Trail of Ten Falls

By jove I missed a couple of photos from the last post. Shame.

The first is a shot of Jeep and Turd in the wilderness:

The second is the state penitentiary (you can even see the little inmates) - obviously the thief who stole the bike hasn't been locked up yet


Monday - Trail of Ten Falls
The main attraction at Silver Falls is the Trail of Ten Falls - you guessed it, a hike with 10 waterfalls along it. Originally I had planned to present a picture of each waterfall, but some of my pictures sucked, and a couple of the waterfalls weren't that interesting.

I was a bit disappointed with how things turned out actually, and feel the need for a tripod even more. Be prepared for a whole lot of long exposure kiddies.

First one from Kat. We got to walk behind 3 of the falls, and had our lunch behind one of them. How many times have you had lunch while being deafened by the sound of water huh?


Because I know Mr. Child gets angry when there are no flowers, we still ripped out a few shots. These little yellow guys were growing on rocks everywhere.

...and these just looked cool. All these are taken with Kat's new little A720 - which has proved to be quite a workhorse when I am feeling lazy. Err.. I mean when I don't have my macro lens on. Did I mention that silly english c**t Andrew broke my 70-300 lens? ASSHOLE!!!


Ahh..... nature.....


Don't I just look GREAT behind a camera?


This shot makes me dizzy.


I wonder whether these boulders are erratics like the other one we saw.


Imagine this sight when you've just done 5 miles.....


Now this shit is more like it. Fear the long exposure without tripod. Most of you are probably amazed I can hold this camera still for 1/6th of a second........


Let's vary it up a little bit.


Well here's some pictures of waterfalls. Enjoy. Euan's long exposure shots can bite me.



Ahh water running down a moss covered rock.


Rocks. Water. Zen.


Waterfalls.



Apparently Kat didn't want to get her hair wet.


Spray is cool


More waterfall.


This is the top of a waterfall, I like how you can create movement with that super long shutter.




By the time we get here I'm kind of worried that we're sick of waterfalls.




I hope you didn't get too bored by that. The falls were really awesome. I never realised that water falling could be so loud. It was pretty cool to walk for such a long way too. Never done that either.

Bah. I don't care whether you were bored. It was fun for us. I hope you're enjoying work!!

Nearly caught up. A bit over editing photos. Time for a beer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah that's just magic, love a few pics of flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Clarkson - very nice pics... very nice indeed - it's wix here. Check out knoxies facebook for some engagement party pics. Your name was mentioned a couple of times.... some people even had a few nice comments to say and asked when you'll b back. Keep on truckin!

Leigh said...

I'm glad you like the flowers benno, and Wix I'll check it out. Sorry I couldn't be there, but hey.

Euan said...

mmmm, slagging me off???!!!

the war has only just begun, waterboy. In my next adventure, I shall trump ur mildly impressive efforts....ul think I'm snapping pics of cotton!!!