Wednesday 26 September 2007

Jeep Jeep!

First some photos from the mansion place thing - all courtesy of Kat. There's something a little weird about these ultra-perky breasts.....


If I am ever building a mansion of such proportions, I will specify that looking bearded men are placed around it....


Ok, I lied this one is taken by me - this is the rear of the house... it's not so impressive from outside I guess.


The gardens.


Some more of the gardens....


Now, some live action shots of me working on the jeep...

Fascinating. A wheel bearing assembly. Now how do I get this fuckin' thing off?!


Let me assure you that removing 20 year old bolts is not an easy job. Ahh rust, my old friend.


What a physique! It has just started to rain at this point. At least my head isn't getting wet....


Please note sophisticated rain deflection setup.


This is what it looked like when it was all taken apart....


This is the wheel bearing assembly. The axle goes through the middle. The calipers mount on this. The disc goes over the end of the axle.

Guess which one is the old one with the nearly fused bearing??



As of today we've replaced the fuel injectors, EGR gasket, EGR vacuum solenoid, front brake lines, Throttle Position Sensor, put in the carpet, trimmed the carpet, replaced the guages, blown oil all over the carpet, and started repainting.

All that's left is to mount the driving lights, replace the rear wiper motor, and put everything back together.... so far we're on track to leaving on the 4th. A bit later than we expected (well 4 days) but... given the amount of work we've done, not surprising!

Laters!

1 comment:

Euan said...

Go on, get on your way!!! Looking forward to seeing how your work holds together ;)