Sunday 14 September 2008

Back...

Well here I am, for better or for worse, in Melbourne.

I flew Virgin America from SFO/LAX - very nice. Even though you have to pay for your food, you just order it on your touch screen, swipe your credit card, and minutes later it arrives via the cabin staff.

LAX was as fascinating as always. As I wasn't sure whether I was going to get into Business I made the mistake of eating a burger at a diner there. Apparently they "serve satisfaction, daily". Must have been their day off for satisfaction, because all I got as a shitty, tasteless burger.

To my disgust I also discovered that Kirin in the USA is brewed by Anheuser Busch (of Budweiser fame) and tastes perculiarly similar to their other beverage.

As I approached the gate with my stinky Economy boarding pass, the red light went on, and I was told to hang back to wait for my upgrade. After 30 minutes of nervously looking on, I was handed the magical black boarding pass, and jumped on the bus for the plane.

Very Short Plane Movie Reviews
Harold and Kumar - Escape from Guantanamo Bay - pretty funny, worth a look, even if it's only to watch Neil Patrick Harris eating shrooms and branding a whore with his initials.

Stop Loss - A pretty solid film about soldiers in Iraq. Not as good as Jarhead in my opinion, but still worth a look.

The Square - Nothing like celebrating a return to Australia by watching some Australian cinema. Not a truely great film, but a pretty good crime/thriller.

I had a little snooze, some breakfast, and next thing I was hanging around at Melbourne Airport waiting for my bags and standing in a line for customs.

And thus is is over. Still a couple of items left to wrap up blogging wise.

If you're bored head over to Ben and Rose's Blog.

No comments: