Thursday 14 August 2008

NYC to Toronto

Monday
For some reason my sleeping patterns are all fubar again, so I ended up hitting the sack quite late on Sunday night. After saying a goodbye to James and Luvena I jumped into my (early) taxi.

On the way to the airport I noticed some dark clouds and lightning in the distance, and hoped they weren't over the airport. Turns out they were. Awesome.

Must have been a pretty good storm because most of the flights due to head out of JFK that day were cancelled, and mine was delayed from 13:30 to 16:30. Still it didn't bother me that much I guess. I'd started reading the new William Gibson book, "Spook Country" which was keeping me amused pretty well.

Besides, it was easy to be all calm and shit when those around you were starting to behave like little spoiled children, although the girl who had been waiting for more than 24 hours for a flight to St. Louis was still pretty calm when she was told she'd be waiting for another 24 hours.... talk about being stuck in an airport!!

Anyway, I finally arrived in Toronto, to be grilled by the border patrol agent (I must look like a terrorist or something) and then to be looked at suspiciously by the exit guard. Argh!

Wilma had a nice "Leigh Clark" sign which was very cool, and I got a nice ride in the Turbo Bug out to the burbs of Toronto. I finally got to meet the famous Kang... and after a great steak dinner, and many beers, we finally hit the sack at 2am. What a late night! Or am I getting old?!

Tuesday
Not surprisingly, nobody rose particularly early... After a slow start - Wilma, Kira and I headed into downtown to have a little cruise around. Toronto is pretty cool, but like Vancouver, erring on the side of emo and/or the 80s in the fashion stakes. After a tasty roll that was nearly as big as my head, and a quick shop for a nice polo shirt, we headed back to Chez Lee to freshen up.

Thankfully my new Boss pants still fit me (that tailor must be a wizard) and I was looking quite sharp, if not a little preppy, in my new pale blue polo shirt.

We headed down to the waterfront of the lake, and met up with Cherie and Marion and had a delightful dinner... it was great to catch up with everyone again as it's been a few years!

For some reason I couldn't sleep last night, and I think I only got into a vaguely deep sleep around 6am...

Today
Today I hung around the house, checked my e-mail, took Coco for a walk with Wilma, and then Kang kindly dropped me off to my Uncles house here in Brampton.

I've had a spot of dinner, fired up the laptop, admired the fish, birds and turtles, and it's all rather good....

Toodles!

No comments: