Friday 1 August 2008

Where did the last 9 days go??

As I come to the end of my solitary sojourn here in Pleasanton, I find myself wondering where the time has gone. Obviously time hasn't actually "gone" anywhere, in fact some would argue that time doesn't even necessarily "flow" in one direction... but I digress.

Even with little to do, I've rarely been bored, and I feel like I've reacquainted myself with the current state of electronic music. I am looking forward though to human interaction again, and not just the kind you get at the grocery store.

Tomorrow will be the first time the Turd has ridden without a co-pilot, so I'm a bit nervous about that actually. Having someone on the other side is quite useful, since you can't really see what's going on.

It's also going to be the first time I've seen the old parental units for nearly 12 months, which I'm rather excited about. Hopefully that lasts for more than the first 10 minutes!

Well yes, these have not been the most exciting entries of the trip... but these have not been the most exciting times.. so pthht to you.

My schedule for the next few weeks (as if you care) is as follows...

01/08 to 06/08 - Parentals / San Francisco
07/08 to 9/08 - Chicago
09/08 - 11/08 - NYC
11/08 - 20/08 - Toronto
20/8 - 24/08 - San Francisco
24/0 - 25/08 - San Franciso / Reno / Burning Man
25/08 - 01/09 - Burning Man
01/08 - 02/09 - Reno / Lake Tahoe / Woodland / San Francisco

Once we're back in SF, I'll be boxing everything up, and shipping it back to AU, getting rid of the Jeep, and finally heading home! I'm sure I'll be online before then though :-)

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not a bad schedule at all. Especially when compared with mine.

7:00am - get up before sunrise because you went to bed at 10:00pm
7:15 - 9:00am - shower, coffee, breakfast, chat online
9:00am - half price coffee with mum and her senior citizen friends
11:00am - leisurely 5-6k run
12:00pm take dog for walk
1:00pm - have some lunch
1:30-6:30pm - pursue employment opportunities and read
6:30-7:30pm - dinner
7:30 -9:00pm - mess about on internet or read cos tv sucks
9:30pm - start thinking about bed due to sheer boredom

Rinse and Repeat the following day with minor variation.

Wanna trade?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't see anything apparently wrong with your schedule, Kat, well I could skip your mom's senior citizen friends every other day.

Reading is great though. Those days will return when one claims to have not enough spare time to read.

Big Dan