Friday 29 June 2007

Dance-u, Dance-u Dance-u DES!!!

What a FEAST!!!

We had dinner at a lovely beachside seafood restuarant tonight near the Shangri-La in beautiful Sabah, Borneor and ate WAY too much. Not surprisingly, we were the only white people there. CASH, CASH, CASH. Anyway, we had about 8 chilli garlic prawns, some Kang Kung with Belachan (chinese water spinach) and about a kilo of lobster) all delicisious, but way too filling!

They had a local dance group performing local songs and dances and about three quaters through our meal they decided to walk through the crowd and round up unsuspecting diners.. I was ONE (actually, only one) of those diners. At this point I had drank ab0ut 8 beers, so to me, it seemed like a GREAT idea to go up onstage with the dancers.....

I was instructed by one of the male tribal dancers to hold a three foot pipe, which he loaded with a toothpick type spear, and aim/ shoot at a balloon about 4 metres away.. All a while, tribal beats were playing. Doo Doo Doo- di di- Doo Doo- Di Di. So, the spear was in, I took a deep breath, and fired at the balloon, To my surprise I hit the damn thing and the crowd applauded my efforts. Then I danced in a circle with the local tribal ladies and that was that. Mum, you would have been proud!!

We left soon afterwards just as one of the dancers was requesting my presence in the gala dance ensemble!

What a night, Kat - OUT!

No comments: