Thursday 19 July 2007

Pictures #1

Apologies for the delay, and also the crappy resolution.

Oil rig connection is a little flaky, therefore things have had to be made a little smaller than usual.

First up a jawfish. This little guy sits in his hole and only pokes his head up when he thinks the big fat loud bubbling thing has gone....


There are lots of these catfish here. They sift through the sand, I assume catching food. Otherwise there seems very little point, unless it's fun. Who am I to judge.



Madam Classifer has let me down on this one - but never mind, the picture looks ok.


Also unsure on the next one too. Next investment will be a book on identifying fish.



Next up a tiny stone fish (maybe). I only noticed it when it moved after I nearly put my hand on it.

Thankfully it was more scared of my hand, otherwise I would have gotten a nasty (and painful) surprise...



This one's a scorpion fish. There are plenty around here, and as you can tell they're quite well camouflaged. I have a nasty habit of nearly kneeling/stepping/putting hand on these.


I managed to snap this clown trigger fish as it swam past. I think the black on black looks quite nice.


Another nudibranch. Haven't looked this one up, but there's a big poster of it on the rig (not this photo unfortunately).


Am downloading more photos as I type. Keep your eyes peeled, and your underpants fresh.

Tomorrow we temporarily leave the rig for a couple of days on land, that is all.

No comments: